Wondering whether you read the heading wrong? Well, its a well known fact that I was the New Year's Eve.. who was on the look-out for the New Year's Adam.. and the conquest was harder than you think. Read on and men "beware"...yah.. you just might find you will have to cover urself up for the next few minutes.. and act like -'wasnt me!- because I just might be talking about one of your very casual traits!
I am sure everyone celebrated their New Year's with the best of the spirits and hope a few shots were also downed to realize that you were seeing more spirits than usual. But obviously this article is not about you.. its about me. (Remember i have established myself as this year's "Eve").. so I am going to stick to purely my own New Year's experience. I flew down to Mumbai this new year's. After lot of pestering and patter pattering I was able to convince my family that I should be ok going out with my cousins for the new year's eve.. to one of the best hotels in town... Taj. Thus the Eve (referring to me) decided that this is her biggest chance to set her eyes on some.. apples.. i mean adam's apple bearing Indian dudes. Now.. the general psychology of attracting these adams is quite simple... be as EVE as you can. Well, for lots of reasons, you can substitute BIMBO to the Eve in this context. Now its not really that hard to make this transformation (ok no pun intended.. i know some of us do substitute tooo well ) But in other words, its not really that hard to fool the guys.. (huh, fooling the fools!). So it was time to take out the Bimbo disguise. All it requires is a sleek dress and a few hours in the beauty parlor and a handbag that can fit the entire makeup kit of the world.. and a stupid smile all the time batting the eyelashes lookin as innocent and as newborn as one can.
Now I know that this shallow disguise should be added up with a shallow thinking to create the right effect. But, honestly I was only on the look out for one Adam. The whole conquest of finding dudettes started with the cousins and of course for them its all in plural.(obviously males are never satisfied with just one). And so I was like .. Ok fine! I will find mine too! i mean dude. So we were there.. unfortunately the dancefloor was rocked by lil kids.. their parents.. and their grandparents!!! not to forget most of the young adults had come there with their family.. so i was like.. sorry boys(to my cousins)... i have a feeling.. ladki ke saath.. uske parivaar ko bhi pataana padega!!! (will have to pick up not just the girl but also her family). Then there were some Djs playing music and some two girls were making a fool of themselves by "trying" to sing. i quietly wished they had danced.. instead! and in the end.. the music picked up a bit.. so then it was good from then on till we finally returned home.
For lots of reasons I realized that I had a bigger problem to deal with throughout the evening. I mean i was highly disappointed because i didnt find even one male who cud look me in the eye. I mean my friend T asked me has India stopped making tall males ??? And I told him.. well, I think the couple of males like you should have been invited to that party.. so that atleast you will put India to fame. I mean atleast you would have saved Indian males from shame.... by standing tall.. and i could have atleast said.. "Finally, there is some HOPE". But I honestly think one doesnt have much hope because such a 'bimbo' disguise in my view attracts all the wrong kind of men! AHH... but i cant reason with male responses can i. I guess we will forever remain in the dark when we eventually find some bimbo with the brain cell of a frog winding up with the man of our dreams. And if I had it my way, I would say that two people can play the same game. Lets not forget this bimbo disguise will come very handy.. two people can play the game. The plot will only require the good Eve to just walk past the couple(ur dream Adam and the bad Eve) and spill ur drink down his shirt or pant..and say.. "oh oops did i mess up ur romantic momenttt.... i didnt mean it of course".. and the attempt to make it right will go down the drain with an apple pie hitting the woman's face.. (oh never seen her that beautiful before eh?) Now you wear the innocent face.. and chin held high.. exit with all the dignity you can.... and wait till u reach the verandah to break into pits of laughter.
But then the plot thickens...-what do u know-those are not pits of laughter but amidst them is a sense of loneliness and a sense of rejection that mingles to form the right kind of chemical reaction to bring tears to her misty eyes and she ends up in racking sobs instead of laughs.
Oh but we cant have a tragic end to this can we?
Well.. what do u know.. right then walks in a friendly man... and thus starts a whole different plot. Nothing like ending this scene with a comforting hug.. and if.. if.. the scene permits and the chemistry is just right andd if the guy is irrevocably attracted to the female at her most vulnerable state then an explosive kiss is on the way. Now a good way to end the evening is when the girl gets the chills and he offers to drive her back home. (ok, it ends there! we are not going further!!!).
So finally the whole point of the story is that finally Adam is found.. and that is pretty much what happened with the course of events on New Year's Eve. Well, this Eve might have been more daring as she even put in a small effort to wish Happy New Year to.. God-knows-whats-his-name. So they lived happily ever after.. well atleast Eve did.. and her new year resolution is ' to have an apple a day to find some more adam's apples her way!'
6 comments:
:D...glad u were finally able to find adam, after all that bashing of Indian men :))...the last sentence is witty ;)
I thought new year Eve meant the evening before the new year. I suppose its not the EVE of Adam & Eve. Lolz
Dina
welcome back ..to Budapest.. u have put on weight ...how's anna ?
what the... hahaha....
totally witty, and charming....
felt like .. on a raft in the whirlpool.... and then suddenly the big waves ... being thrown around.. this way and that....and finally lifted up , letting us safe on the sands of the shore...
a very unique way of narration...
(Jaggs) Hehe ;-) Sherlock solved the mystery eh?
(Dina) Well, we call it New Year's Eve.. thought I should rightfully take the liberty to connect it with Eve's quest for Adam
(Vc) Am glad u forgot to come to the airport to receive me with the bouquet! Grrr...
(Teju) Hehehe! That was the whole point.. confuse the reader with fiction and facts! Any doubts??? Ask me! :-P And.. im just glad u havent lost ur head...
Post a Comment